Thursday 18 December 2014

September 2014

We are more than half way through October...September seems AGES ago. My plan was to have more time for the things I love doing during October, so far that has not happened. ...:) Time is still flying.  But back to last month and it feels like I have written this post before...back in May...I guess this is the late summer/early autumn version of that post back then...

We started September with our home-made Music Festival, B Natural is now in its 4th year. With a vide variety of music in our lovely square, at the pubs and in private gardens, there really was something for every taste. The weekend was again great fun and a lot of work too :)




A day trip to Mersea Island in Essex. I had been here before a very, very long time ago and was surprised to find so many buildings, boats etc...my memory was of a sleepy place with higgelty piggelty houses and shacks, a few fishing boats...I felt it was almost too busy now...Still, we had a lovely time wandering around.




I LOVE all the weatherboarded houses!



We had a delicious fish & chip lunch, right on the water's edge, had the tide been a little higher that day our feet would have actually been in the water. It did feel a bit like being on holiday. And no, we did not go to the (famous) Company Shed!



A walk along the bay after lunch took us past all these fun house boats:



Mearsea Island is actually a proper island, one needs to look up the tides and will be stuck there until the next low tide. We got off in the afternoon and went on to pretty Wivenhoe.



Again, we had visited before and here we were surprised to see a lot of new developments all along the port and old quay. I am normally not that keen on these new houses, often they have no character and the estates are far too big for my liking. Here, however, it seemed to work. What I loved was, almost every house had tables and chairs and benches and flower pots right outside their front doors. As there are no front gardens, these sit right on the quay and I can imagine it on a warm evening, everyone sitting out, having their meals or just relaxing...very un-english (I find, anyway!)



And what a lovely, every changeing view!



We strolled through the little town too, all very pretty - I could spend a weekend here, I kept thinking!



Mid-September and it was back to Helmingham Hall for the Autumn Plant Fair, I came away with a huge hydrengea and very pretty allium bulbs. I always visit the gardens, every time I go, and each visit is wonderful!



Their Dahlia border is such a splash of colout - I think I need to re-think my big border for next year...



Isn't it this just lovely?


Another garden visit with the Suffolk Gardener's Guild...Polstead Mill gardens were a real treat and a pleasure for the eye. It all started off with coffee and home-baked cakes in the vegetable garden...the green house alone was just lovely...I loved the outside kitchen too!


And then there was the house....


Just lovely!!!

The autumn exhibition of the Boule-in opened its gates again, the Festival de la Coing...





Can you tell I am rushing now....:)....oh well....

Looking forward to a lovely autumn!!!!

Love

Nicola x

No comments:

Post a Comment